The colder months have taken a toll on your home, here is a checklist to help you target the areas that need maintenance.
- Examine roof shingles. Shingles that are cracked, buckled or loose or are missing granules need to be replaced. Check flashing around plumbing vents, skylights and chimneys.
- Check the gutters. Make sure downspouts drain away from the foundation and are clear of debris.
- Fill in low areas. Fill low areas in the yard or next to the foundation with compacted soil.
- Inspect the concrete. Fill cracks with a concrete crack filler or silicone caulk. Power-wash and then seal the concrete.
- Move firewood. Remove firewood stored near the home. Firewood should be stored at least 18 inches off the ground and at least 2 feet from the structure.
- Check outside faucets. Check outside hose faucets for freeze damage. While you’re at it, check the garden hose for dry rot.
- Clean and repair your screens. Screens help reduce your electric bills in the summer and allow you to open windows at night.
- Repair any cracked or peeling paint. Also caulk any cracks around windows.
- Service the AC Unit. An annual service call will keep the system working at peak performance levels.
- Change interior filters regularly.
- Check Power Equipment.
- Clean equipment and sharp cutting blades will make yardwork easier.
2016 is THE year to purchase, refinance or remodel a home. Here is why:
– Interest rates are still at record lows
– Rents are skyrocketing
– Down payments don’t need to break the bank
– You’ll reap major tax breaks
Our goal is not only to be your mortgage professional for life, but to also be a valuable asset and resource for you in the future for all services you might need.
Contact Randy at +1 866-962-0283 | EMAIL